Martisco Museum is a restored former New York Central Railroad station located in a two-story Victorian brick structure constructed in 1870. The first floor is reminiscent of a small town railroad station. The second floor contains many railroad exhibits. The station is located on the Finger Lakes Railway, formerly the Auburn branch of the New York Central.
For more than 150 years, the cities of Syracuse and Auburn have been linked by a railroad line. Chartered in 1834 as the Auburn and Syracuse Railroad, the line was part of the original rail route between Albany and Buffalo. The construction of the direct line connecting Syracuse and Rochester, completed in 1853, and the formation of the New York Central Railroad shortly thereafter, meant a shift from primary to secondary status for the "Auburn Road." The branch line continued to be an important rail link throughout the 19th and 20th centuries and is still active today.
The Auburn and Syracuse bypassed the Village of Marcellus, but provided a station some two miles north. The present brick structure was erected in 1870 to replace a wooden building. Because of its historic architecture and significance, Martisco Station was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007.